Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Parks in Small Towns are the Bomb

Ok, so basically, I went to Gardener a couple of weeks again, then just this last weekend I went to Wellsville. The, I guess, two things they have in common is that I have a friend from InterVarsity that lives there, and well their parks rock.

They even have two other things in common, they have an "Eifel Tower" (like in the picture), and they both have a tire swing in one sort of another.

Why is it that small town have the best parks around. I mean I am definitely not gonna go and drive like 30 - 45 minutes just to go to a park. You would think that a county as rich as Johnson County would spend it's money on some sweet parks. I am not even really sure where the best parks around are. I mean Antioch Park is nice, but no tire swing or "Eifel Tower." Shawnee Mission Park is nice and big, but there aren't really alot of play grounds around. Sar-ko-par Park is nice too. A skate park, tennis courts, "lake", volley ball courts, a pool with a slide, and even a nice big field. But yet no "Eifel Tower" or tire swing.

I don't know about you, but I am almost thinking about just going do some research and look for an awesome park in the area. Or even talk to city hall about it. "Throw up your rock fist" if your with me. (LOL TFK[thousand foot krutch] reference).

No, but if you know of any sweet parks in the Lenexa, Shawnee, Overland Park, or Olathe Area please comment and let me know. I am really loving going to parks, especially at night.

I guess maybe if we took care of our parks, we could get better and new ones. *fingers crossed*
Posted by Picasa

No comments: