Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Swap-what?!?! Swapdoodles!

Ok, most of you would know that I am a really, really big supporter of Invisible Children. Well, around this time last year there was a rally event that happened in 100 cities, 10 countries, and all of us sharing 1 voice. It happened on April 25, 2009. Once every cities got rescued you could home, or be a rescue rider and go to different cities that haven't been rescued. Well if your parents, * cough cough* like mine, wouldn't let you go or you had school or a job, you could watch it on a live web stream. That's what I did during the week after Kansas City got rescued by the awesome Switchfoot.

During that time, not really sure how. But doodling came up, someone had wanted Cameron's doodle of a combination pizza hut and taco bell. Well I remember Cameron saying well you can't it unless you send me a doodle. *trumpet sounds* Hence forth, Swapdoodles was born.

Now you can send a doodle to the specified address and then in a week or so, you will recieve someone else's doodle. Which I think is an awesome concept. Don't worry you don't have to good, or great. If you enjoy doodling or drawing, or just do when your bored in class... do it on a separate piece of paper and turn it in.

I just think it's so much fun. I believe that everyone is an artist. Whether you think your good or not. Most artists anyways don't think their work is good enough. So just send it in. I am gonna start keeping mine in a box so I can look back at them.

I have sent in like 4 doodles so far and have only gotten one back. But that's because I just sent the other 3 not too long ago, so I am paciently waiting fror my doodles to come in the mail. I just found one that I did specifically for swapdoodles, and just did the one that's in the picture, like the other day during my econ class. Honestly, that's where I do most of my doodles cause that class is sooo boring. Ick.

Well, whether you decide to do a Swapdoodle or not. Just think that you could have made someone's day with it. :)

Check out their facebook page,
http://www.facebook.com/swapdoodles
http://swapdoodles.com
http://www.twitter.com/swapdoodles

P.S.
Maybe you will even get my doodle!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: